Thursday, October 13, 2011

Greetings Friends,
 I'm getting back to you regarding a promise I made earlier this summer. I told you that Chef Hutson and I were working on perfecting a homemade cannoli and I would get back to you sometime later this summer. Well summer ends tomorrow and as promised here is my cannoli announcement, once again proving that I am a man of my word (albeit barely). Cannolis have never been on our menu and I have been scolded for this glaring omission since we opened our doors in 1994. I've never been a fan of them as I've had so many average to poor ones over the years, but after years of pressure, and an inspirational trip to Mike's Pastry in Boston we went to work sampling different shell and filling recipes and procedures over the last couple of months. I know... tough work, but someone has to do it!

Its interesting, but I discover again and again that the best recipes are not necessarily complicated but just require using high quality ingredients, careful technique and fresh preparation. I think you will like the results of our labor. So, I would like to invite you to come in anytime in the next three weeks for a complimentary sample of our cannoli. Every few days Chef Hutson will be sampling a new variety; some traditional and some a little off the wall, so it should be fun. These are not on the menu yet and only available to my email friends so as usual you have memorize and quote a code phrase to identify yourself as a privileged cannoli taster.
Your secret phrase is; Mike is cool. No - just kidding. Even I'm sick of that.
The real phrase is; That's the way the Cannoli crumbles. Say that phrase and every person in your party will be treated to a sample sized cannoli. We will be sampling these through October 13th. Again, extra credit and face time on the web site for originality when you work the phrase into a conversation with a server or manager. Have fun and hope you enjoy! Oh - and here's a link to a little video of a tasting we did along the way. Hope to see you soon and please feel free to give me some feedback on your experience. Mike

Perfect Cannoli Video

No comments:

Post a Comment